Thursday 24 June 2010

Do you want to be famous?...

Do you want to be famous? or do you want to be happy?
I was lucky enough to be asked to give a talk to the new graduates at Gray's School of art today - you know, the inspirational, go get em (and I mean that!) speech... it all went well, sharing the time with Gary Cameron - the culture office for Aberdeen City Council (one of two people that really care about Culture in Aberdeen - good guy!). I even think the bogus phone number for Charles Saatchi went down well on the first slide... he he. Anyway, Allan Watson ended the day with a personal message, about the struggles - of all "artists" - no matter what level - citing his "famous friend" (he has more...err.. doh!) as worrying a lot about sales, marketing etc... I added my comment, and he scratched his chin, and thought "what an excellent quote to end the day"... I wish all the graduates well, please consider working and creating new work in Aberdeen / Shire - as I want to experience it! - it's all selfish, don't you know!


No comments:

Post a Comment