Saturday 6 November 2010

They are like a happy...

They are like a happy Arab Strap!
I had the pleasure of seeing FOUND at the tunnels in Aberdeen tonight. They've got a fantastic set up, guitar, bass, synth/beats/fx and vocals. It's hard to describe, which makes them so fresh and interesting, angular punky / funky guitars with a sound to die for, throbbing bass, with a twist of 60's pop and some superb, grime / dubstep / techno beats with oodles of delay fx, on top of all this is Ziggy's truly proud scottish rasping vocals... at one point, the simple 4/4 electro bass / snare + scottishness really did remind me of early Arab Strap, but these guys appear to have fun, and sing about up beat things... it's a short, but fulfilling set, the sound in the Tunnels could do with improvement, but the minimal set up they had managed to avoid the usual muddy wall of noise. I thought it was fantastic, and Gabi & Chloe thought FOUND were fantastic too (First time they'd seen them).

I also liked Indian Red Lopez, first time I'd seen them (but I've heard and seen them online before), I thought their tunes were excellent, it's great to see polished, progressive local talent like this, I hope they get a decent break (yes, you A&R men too lazy of snobby to travel outside of London).

Get out and see these two bands, I urge thee.

No comments:

Post a Comment