Friday 8 October 2010

They're coming out the ground...

They're coming out the ground like tatties!
It's the lowest tide of the month today (in Ord, Skye) - and the coral island is even more accessible, but we see a sand spit being exposed, with hundreds of "spooties" scooting water into the air. I start digging (a futile exercise in getting a razor clam from above)... but, I start to uncover heaps of clams - amazing sized clams, the size of Poppy's fist... I'm scooping sand siddeways, and found three razor clams this way! Needless to say, I pigged out, and took about 2kgs of Clams (hardly a dent in the 3 small patches I dug up)... what a score! So, I've put them in a bucket of clean sea water, and they are happily spitting out the grit... I did snaffle a few for tea, a smidge gritty, but boy oh boy were they tasty.



garlic, onions, chilli, olive oil, S&P, oregano, tomato puree, pasata, spaghetti, a hillock of free clams from Ord. NOM NOM.

No comments:

Post a Comment