Wednesday 6 October 2010

I don't like...

I don't like the winkle's stained glass windows
Oh, the joys of living on a beach, free food! I collected a few winkles from the rock pools, when the tide is well out, all the big ones like to hang around there, It's a bonanza! Taking them back to the Chalet to boil up for a wee snack (and removing the two hermit crabs that I accidentally scooped up for the ride), I boil them with some garlic... so simple, so tasty.. one of the by-products of a winkle-fest, are the little flaps they have to seal in the water when the tide goes out, poppy, seemed to think they were stained glass windows. I just hope the snails "saw the light" just before I dropped them into boiling water... must have stolen from star fish, or cheated on their wife with a rag worm...sinners!

No comments:

Post a Comment