Thursday 16 September 2010

And the best bit about playing a didgeridoo...

And the best bit about playing a didgeridoo is you can blow a raspberry on your arm forever!
The local primary school asked my to play my Didge for a P6 class doing a project on Australia... "no wuckin forries" I slurred... (in my head...OK OK). I trooped in carrying the two didges I have, inquisitive kids thinking "What are they?!"... I met Ms Calder, whom introduced me to the class... and after some quick hellos and G'day's (why?!)... we headed to the music room... some "introductory sort of Australian history" was touched upon, the good old "lets make a drone last for ages" kicked in... eyes agog as the drone fills the air... "how can he do it for so long?"... everyone has a shot, and my goodness, everyone managed to make the low drone noise on the mid-sized didge. fantastic. There's a box of beaters / sticks... and we get some Rolf "sun-a-rise" action on the go... kids have a built in metronome at around 160bpm... not quite the pace of shamanistic mantra, granted.. but good fun. Big thanks to Kellands school

No comments:

Post a Comment