Thursday 27 May 2010

I don't like it...

I don't like it, it's rubbish
Poppy is a little grumpy today, bad cold... so not a good idea to travel to Dundee and visit the degree show at Duncan of Jordanstone... or was it? The show itself has some good, and some banal elements - the older you get, the more you become critical, with a wider frame of reference and context to judge work on... seen the peeling wallpaper kid this year? seen the girl who uses damaged dolls to express angst and the female position? (I could go on)... ANYWAY!... Poppy is getting tired, grumpy and sweaty, thanks to her bad cold... so, she's decided to get all Brian Sewel on the unsuspecting graduates... "this, is rubbish"... "I don't like it"..."I don't like any of this"... ho ho... defend your practice graduate! this is the truth, through the eyes of a grumpy three year old. my only worry is, when she's not tired, she's going to end up reading the sun... and agreeing with the turnip prize.

No comments:

Post a Comment